Sunday, July 20, 2014

Enough.


This morning, near the grassy hill of Western's lake house, in the stillness and quiet Austen and I sat staring through the trees toward the water while a mother deer and her two young offspring walked past us grazing on the surrounding brush. There, in that moment, I was overcome by the humbling presence of God. Though I have never heard the voice of God with my ears, my spirit and soul know the gentle whisper of love he sings to me. It was there, in that moment that, I felt him quietly singing "you are enough. You are enough....with me. Kelly my dear, with me, YOU ARE Enough. You don't need to have it all together. You need me and I need you. I need you broken so you can hear my voice. I need you broken and raw to understand where these girls are coming from, where I am, broken for their pain. I will give you strength in times of trial. I will use you. I will equip you. I will love you. My child, you are enough. For I have designed you to be lacking, to be broken, to have missing pieces and imperfections. It is in these imperfections that you are beautiful, for they leave room for me. Room for me to move through you, to breathe through you. I am here with you, I will hold your hand through all the challenges this new transition brings and I will be your strength, because you Kelly Marie, my warrior, you are enough." There in the tender, quiet moments this morning God spoke....and I believe him. Although I feel ill equipped for my new job, and despite the fact that I am anxious about the new obstacles this next season will come with, I am encouraged to know I have God on my side, because he will be my strength. 

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 
"But he said to me,“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment